Saturday, September 02, 2006

WOW! A new Story to start

So here I am. My first time to blog. HMMMM what do I say. Well I thought this would be just as good a time as any to start this. You see this is not the only new thing in my life. I have just made a career change.
I am finally going into ministry full time. I have been a youth pastor for 11 monhts part time and now I take the big plunge. It is a big deal for me as I have been in a family owned and run business for over 13 years and was a big part of it. My family has been great about it. They have kinda seen it coming to so they were a little prepared.
I think that this will be a great place to share as I go through all this stuff which I am sure will be new to me. Things I think that will have to be written out. Right now I am so excited about it.
I can give a little info on me, I am 30 years old, happily married and have two kids, a girl 4 and a boy 3 months. I live in the Bahamas on an Island called Abaco. I know tuff life, but hey someone has got to do it. The work I did before my career change, I was jeweller and designer of hand made jewelry. I loved the work but not as much as I love working were God is calling me and building relationships with the kids in my ministry.
So I am not going to just ramble on I will leave more for the next post. But I will be posting alot, so keep checking in, to see what will happen next.

1 comment:

Alex- B.P.S said...

Hey Chris,
I want to personally congratulate and most of all thank you for the big step you are taking to help us, the youth, out. I am quite sure that you will continue to do an EXCELLENT job of keeping us on the right track of not only following and worshipping Christ ,but also applying His word to our lives and in everything thing we do. Chris, I do not think you understand how much I respect you as a person and how much I appreciate you as our youth pastor. Your teachings, and the way you can be "cool" and spiritual at the same time, is a blessing to all of the youth and even adults that are young at heart. Well, thats all for now.

Thanks A Million Chris.
Alex