Thursday, September 14, 2006

Time!

I read something a day ago that has had me thinking since I read it. It said, " If you want to know a persons priorities, just look at how they spend there time." It went on to talk about were you spend the most time is where you have the most love and how time is one of the greatest gifts you could give someone. Because it is so precious.
WOW! So this started this thing in me to examine my time and where it is spent. I went a day and kinda kept this track of my time and was floored at where it was mostly spent(and no I am not telling you). We always talk about how we have so little time for people, friends ,family and all these other things. The reason is because we fill our time with so many other useless things(myself included).
As parents we fall so short of this as well. We get home and our kids beg for our attention and we blow them off because we are tired, or we don't have THE TIME. I want you to really look at your life and see where all this time goes. How much do you use it to sit and do nothing or watch TV or whatever(not saying TV is bad I love TV, savivour here I come).
But are there times we say well I have to watch this or do this or be here. When in reality we really don't. We could be spending that time some where were it is needed.
One of those areas is in building relationships by loving on others with our time. We were created for this. I would like you to try and think about what your life would be like if you had no relationships in it. It would really suck! I mean as we go through life we long to have a relationship with others.
So lets keep this in mind, what are we doing with our time, and are we really building meaningful relationships with others?

No comments: