Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I am not going to........

Those were the words that came from my mouth as we sat in a meeting about the finishing of the extension going on the back of our church. They were said pertaining to the fact that I was not going to do any sanding of the walls!
I started the next afternoon holding strong to my conviction. I painted and no one was going to change that (it helped that no one was there when I decided this). Well more people started to show up, and the need for more things to paint arose. The next thing I knew I was standing in a room with a sanding block in my hand, a mask and goggles on my face and surrounded by DUST! (I mean a lot of it too).
As I looked around in disbelief at my situation I could not figure out how I got here? What went wrong? I still can't figure that out, even as I sit here now and write this to you. Were did all that conviction I had the day before go? (it was there up until I was actually sanding as well)
But as I looked around and realized that others were there and lending a hand, how could I not do what I was doing. I recently read about how we should do everything for the honour of God. That when we do this with the right heart we are actually worshiping him. It even went on to say we must even do this sometimes in things we don't like or want to do. I looked around and saw all these other people doing something because they wanted too and having a heart that it was for something bigger then them, who was I not to do the same? Even if it was something that I did not want to do( which is why I had a hard time getting it).
So as I reflect on last night and when people ask "how it went" I have to reply "it was a great night of worship." Because really that is what it was.
So yeah I did not do what I said and yes I did something that I really dislike doing, but in the end I realized I got something out of it that I never expected and something that was so worth it.
Now please do not think that I went into last night thinking all this or even that I got right then. But the thing I can be thankful for, is that I see it now. Isn't that how it usually works. We are blind to these things , that is until God helps us see!

Lata

P.S Going away tomorrow to Atlantis with the whole family. Really looking forward to having some time with my family. It is My grandmothers 80Th B-day, so we going to get are party on!!!!!!!!

No comments: